At CoServ, the word "community" means a lot to us. It did when we started out in 1937 as Denton County Electric Cooperative and our first line was energized a few miles north of Krum in 1938. And it does today when we serve more than 200,000 Electric Members and Gas Customers across Denton, Collin and five other North Texas counties. Supporting the communities we serve matters to us. It’s not something we just check off our to-do list—we truly want to help our neighbors. Here are some of the ways we connect with the communities we serve:
- CoServ Charitable Foundation—Since 2004, more than $8 million in grants has been distributed to 184 organizations in 54 communities. CCF is primarily funded through donations by CoServ Members, Customers and Employees. For a list of social service agencies CoServ partners with that provide financial and other assistance, please click here.
- Academic Initiatives—Support for education is a key cooperative principle; find out about CoServ scholarships, Youth Tour and Education Foundation support.
- FC Dallas—Service-driven energy company teams up with high-energy sports organization. Win tickets and honor teachers today!
- Frisco Fire Safety Town—CoServ Gas is a founding sponsor of this mini-city that helps children learn about safety.
- Frisco RoughRiders—CoServ has supported the RoughRiders at Dr Pepper Ballpark since the team moved to Frisco in 2003. Every baseball season, Members and Customers can win a Founders Ticket Package and play #CoServTrivia on Facebook for a chance to win bill credits.
- Texas Legends—CoServ has partnered with the Dallas Mavericks' D-League team since 2011. Every basketball season, Members and Customers can win a ticket package.