Reducing the amount of energy used in your home is easier than ever when conservation efforts pay you back. That's why we're pleased to roll out the comprehensive 2013 Residential Rebate Program.
This year's rebates include:
- CFL Program—Residential Members who have an energy audit performed on their homes are eligible to receive up to $50 worth of compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) to be used in their most frequently used fixtures. View application.
- Energy Efficient New Home Rebate—Members who build an ENERGY STAR® rated home or a home with a verifiable HERS score of 85 or better (that close after Jan. 1, 2013) are eligible to receive a $550 rebate by submitting the ENERGY STAR® certificate or a certificate verifying the HERS score. View application.
- ENERGY STAR® Dishwasher—Members who replace their existing dishwasher with an ENERGY STAR qualified (.65 EF or higher) dishwasher are eligible to receive a $15 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification purposes. View application.
- ENERGY STAR® Window AC Unit—Members who purchase and install an ENERGY STAR qualified (10.8 EER or higher) window unit are eligible to receive a $30 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification purposes. View application.
- Heat Pump Rebate—In 2013, Members who replace existing HVAC equipment (in electric-only, single-family homes) are eligible to receive a $150 rebate for a 15 SEER High Efficiency Heat Pump (with an HSPF of 8.2 or more) and a $300 rebate for a 16 SEER High Efficiency Heat Pump (or higher) with an HSPF of 9.0 or more. View application.
- High Efficiency Electric Water Heater—Members who replace their existing electric water heater with a high efficiency (.94 EF or higher) electric water heater are eligible to receive a $25 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification purposes. View application.
- HVAC Tune-up Rebate—This popular rebate requires residential Members to have an energy audit performed on their home. Upon completion, participating Members are eligible to receive up to a $150 rebate on an HVAC tune-up performed by a qualified service professional. View application.
- LED Program—Residential Members who replace inefficient lighting in their home with Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are eligible to receive a rebate of $1.75 per bulb. Members must provide a receipt for verification purposes. View application.
- Solar Energy Rebate—This is a favorite program among Members who seek to generate solar power. CoServ supports interconnected co-generation with net metering—per the terms of our Tariff, and this rebate provides for a $2 per watt rebate on solar generation (with a $5,000 cap per Member installation). View application.
- Tax Credits, Deductions and Programs—Research a variety of tax credits and deductions available for residential and commercial consumers.
To apply for any of the above CoServ rebates, please complete the appropriate rebate application and submit all required documentation to email@example.com. You may also mail documentation to:
ATTN: Energy Management
7701 S Stemmons
Corinth, TX 76210-1842
If you have questions about the Rebate Program, you can e-mail us or call us at (940) 270-6860.
Funds for the Rebate Program are generated through a partnership with our wholesale power provider, Brazos Electric Power, Inc., and through escheat funds. These funds were created years ago when Texas' law began requiring businesses to turn over unclaimed funds to the state after a certain period of time. (For CoServ, this includes unclaimed Capital Credit checks, deposits, and vendor checks.) Subsequently, a provision was established allowing cooperatively structured businesses to retain a portion of these unclaimed funds to use for scholarships and economic development programs. In September 2007, a bill (HB 3693) was passed that increased the amount of funds eligible to be retained by co-ops. This same bill also expanded the use of the monies to include energy efficiency programs.
Rebates are available only for qualifying purchases and/or services. The availability of the Rebate Program is limited and rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. When funds have been depleted, the Rebate Program will no longer be available until the next year pending board approval. Members must submit the appropriate application form and required documentation to be eligible for rebates. CoServ Electric reserves the right to inspect the Member’s property and equipment associated with a rebate request to determine eligibility. CoServ Electric is not a party to any agreement between the Member and any service provider hired by the Member to install equipment (i.e., heat pumps or solar panels) or to perform services (i.e., HVAC tune-ups) in order to qualify for a rebate. The Member and such service provider are solely responsible for satisfying rebate eligibility requirements.