Reducing the amount of energy used in your home is easier than ever when conservation efforts pay you back. That's why we're pleased to roll out the comprehensive 2014 Residential Rebate Program:
- Air Conditioner Rebate—If your unit is ready to be replaced, we’ve added a $100 rebate for 15-SEER units and a $200 rebate for units rated 16-SEER and higher. Upgrade and watch the energy savings begin. View application.
- CFL Program—Residential Members who have an energy audit performed on their homes are eligible to receive up to $25 in CFLs to be used in their most frequently used fixtures. View application.
- Energy Efficient New Home Rebate—Members who build a home with a verifiable HERS score of 60 or lower (that close after Jan. 1, 2014) are eligible to receive a $550 rebate by submitting the certificate verifying the HERS score. View application.
- ENERGY STAR® Dishwasher—Residential Members who replace their existing dishwasher with an ENERGY STAR qualified (.65 EF or higher) dishwasher are eligible to receive a $15 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification. View application.
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Rebate—Members who replace their existing refrigerator with an ENERGY STAR refrigerator are eligible to receive a $25 rebate. View application.
- ENERGY STAR® Window/Room AC Unit—Members who purchase and install an ENERGY STAR qualified (10.8 EER or higher) window/room unit are eligible to receive a $30 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification. View application.
- Heat Pump Rebate—Members who replace existing HVAC equipment (in electric-only, single-family homes) are eligible to receive a $150 rebate for a 15 SEER High Efficiency Heat Pump (with an HSPF of 8.2 or more) and a $300 rebate for a 16 SEER High Efficiency Heat Pump (or higher) with an HSPF of 9.0 or more. View application.
- Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate—Take advantage of a $200 rebate by purchasing and installing a high-efficiency heat pump water heater (2.00 EF or higher). Per ENERGY STAR®, these units are up to 200 percent more efficient than a standard electric water heater. View application.
- High Efficiency Electric Water Heater—Members who replace their existing electric water heater with a high efficiency (.94 EF or higher) electric water heater are eligible to receive a $25 rebate. Members must provide a copy of the receipt along with a copy of the Energy Guide label for verification purposes. View application.
- HVAC Tune-up Rebate—This popular rebate requires residential Members to have an energy audit performed on their home. Upon completion, participating Members are eligible to receive up to a $50 rebate on an HVAC tune-up performed by a qualified service professional. View application.
- LED Program—Residential Members who replace inefficient lighting in their home with Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are eligible to receive a rebate of $3.50 per bulb. Members must provide a receipt for verification purposes. View application.
- Pool Pump Rebate (High Efficiency Variable Speed)—In addition to the $150 rebate, these pumps lower energy use by as much as 75 percent. Replace your existing pump with a qualified variable speed unit. View application.
- Solar Energy Rebate—CoServ supports interconnected co-generation with net metering—per the terms of our Tariff. CoServ offers a $1,000 rebate on solar generation (minimum 2 kW DC installation) until allocated funds are depleted. View application.
- Solar Screens Rebate—CoServ now offers a $10 rebate per window on east, west and south-facing windows with screens that provide 80 percent minimum solar-heat blockage. View application.
- WiFi Thermostat Rebate—Purchase a programmable Wifi-enabled thermostat and receive a $50 rebate. Per ENERGY STAR, these devices can save you $180 annually and start at about $120. View application.
- Tax Credits, Deductions and Programs—Research a variety of tax credits and deductions available for residential and commercial consumers.
To apply for any of the above CoServ rebates, please complete the appropriate rebate application and submit all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail documentation to:
ATTN: Energy Management
7701 S Stemmons
Corinth, TX 76210-1842
If you have questions about the Rebate Program, you can e-mail us or call us at (940) 270-6860.
Funds for the Rebate Program are generated through a partnership with our wholesale power provider, Brazos Electric Power, Inc., and through escheat funds. These funds were created years ago when Texas' law began requiring businesses to turn over unclaimed funds to the state after a certain period of time. (For CoServ, this includes unclaimed Capital Credit checks, deposits, and vendor checks.) Subsequently, a provision was established allowing cooperatively structured businesses to retain a portion of these unclaimed funds to use for scholarships and economic development programs. In September 2007, a bill (HB 3693) was passed that increased the amount of funds eligible to be retained by co-ops. This same bill also expanded the use of the monies to include energy efficiency programs.
Rebates are available only for qualifying purchases and/or services. The availability of the Rebate Program is limited and rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. When funds have been depleted, the Rebate Program will no longer be available until the next year pending board approval. Members must submit the appropriate application form and required documentation to be eligible for rebates. CoServ Electric reserves the right to inspect the Member’s property and equipment associated with a rebate request to determine eligibility. CoServ Electric is not a party to any agreement between the Member and any service provider hired by the Member to install equipment (i.e., heat pumps or solar panels) or to perform services (i.e., HVAC tune-ups) in order to qualify for a rebate. The Member and such service provider are solely responsible for satisfying rebate eligibility requirements.