In this day and age, it’s hard to find a company that puts your interests first. Many businesses become distracted by profits, and customers are the last thing on their minds. At CoServ Electric, it’s just the opposite. We are a nonprofit electric cooperative, which means we are actually owned by our North Texas customers (known as “Members”). Our more than 188,000 Members want convenient and reliable service, stable rates and energy-saving advice to lower their bills. That’s exactly what we deliver.
- Principles—As a nonprofit electric co-op, our company follows the cooperative principles first established in 1844 that are the basis on which co-ops around the world operate today. Read all seven.
- Membership Requirements—Find out the prerequisites to membership in CoServ Electric.
- Board of Directors—Meet the local residents (your fellow Members) who you elect to oversee CoServ’s governance. You'll find a district map and details about the election process.
- Annual Meetings—You’re invited to the party of the year! (At least, it is in our eyes.) Each June, we serve up a great dinner, door prizes and face-to-face conversations with our leaders.
- Capital Credits—We return our profits to you in the form of Capital Credits, our version of dividends. What investor-owned utility actually gives money back to its customers?