Welcome, apartment residents! CoServ is proud to provide electricity to nearly 40,000 apartments in North Texas and each of these residents is a valued CoServ Member. We are here to serve you with reliable service at a fair price. Establishing your account and accessing it online through SmartHub is simple. Just follow the steps below.
Setting up service
- Step 1: Sign up for Service and Register your SmartHub Account
- Step 2: Once logged in to SmartHub, you can:
- Sign up for Paperless Billing
- Enroll in Auto Pay
- Track your energy usage
- Step 3: Download the CoServ App on your mobile device to stay in the know and on the go!
Email email@example.com or chat with us here.
- What makes CoServ different?
- CoServ stands apart from other electric utilities in North Texas because of our reliability, our Employees and the CoServ Charitable Foundation, which gives back to our community through grants and, since the pandemic began, the CCF COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund.
- Electric utilities use the SAIDI (System Average Interruption Duration Index) as a reliability indicator. It is calculated by multiplying the total duration of power outages by the number of Members affected, then dividing that number by the total Members served. The lower the store, the better.
CoServ is one of the most reliable utilities in the state and it shows in our SAIDI (System Average Interruption Duration Index) score. For 2021, CoServ’s SAIDI score was 34.39, which means the average CoServ Member was without power for about 34 minutes. The graphic below shows how CoServ stacks up to other utilities in Texas.
- What is a co-op?
The cooperative model is different. Unlike investor-owned utilities, CoServ Electric is owned by the people we serve. Members receive money back in the form of Capital Credits, elect their Board of Directors and participate in the Annual Meeting.
- How do CoServ rates compare?
Rising natural gas prices are affecting electricity costs for utilities across Texas in 2022, from the for-profit retail electric providers [REPs] in the deregulated market to electric cooperatives like CoServ.
While costs are higher than they were a year ago, CoServ electric rates remain competitive with the REPs while also offering reliable service and all the other benefits of being part of an electric co-op.
It’s also important to note that the cheapest rates in the deregulated market in the summer of 2022 require three-to-five-year contracts. Once you’re in a multi-year commitment, customers essentially don’t have a choice on their electric rate without spending money to break the contract.
CoServ offers a competitive Standard Residential Rate to all Members regardless of how long they’ve been on our lines. It never expires and there are no tricks or gimmicks.
CoServ also makes monthly adjustments to the rate based on the price of wholesale electricity. Read more about how the Power Cost Recovery Factor works. Most REP rate plans have fixed rates so if wholesale costs decrease during a long-term contract, those customers would be overpaying.
Graph compiled on August 4, 2022. Data retrieved from the Public Utility Commission for REP average 12-month contract and compared to CoServ’s standard residential rate for the same time period based on 2,000 kWh.
Giving back to the community
We’re ready to help. Operation Roundup® “rounds up” your bill to the nearest dollar, with the extra pennies going to the CoServ Charitable Foundation. The average donation is $6 per year, but the pennies add up: Since 2004, more than $13 million has been distributed to worthy causes in our communities. (To opt out, click here.)
Love us? Details, please!
Hate us? Let us know so we can address your specific issue.
Ways to Connect