Routine website maintenance between midnight and 6 a.m. Monday, August 17, could result in delays and the inability to access certain areas of CoServ.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
COVID-19 update: CoServ temporarily suspends disconnections for nonpayment
Measure is one of several steps designed to protect the health of Members, Customers and Employees and maintain the flow of reliable electricity and natural gas
CORINTH, Texas – March 17, 2020 – In recognition of the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, CoServ has implemented several measures designed to ensure that our Members and Customers have uninterrupted access to electricity and natural gas. These measures include:
- No disconnections for nonpayment. CoServ is suspending disconnections for nonpayment of electric and natural gas bills for residential Members and Customers through Monday, April 13. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust this date as needed. Members and Customers are encouraged to visit CoServ.com/financialassistance for help paying their bills.
- Employees who can work from home have been told to do so. Ensuring uninterrupted, reliable electricity and natural gas service for our Members and Customers is our top priority. CoServ Employees who are needed to provide these critical services will be called in as needed.
- On-site energy assessments have been suspended. Members that have on-site energy assessments scheduled are encouraged to contact our energy advisors for an over-the-phone assessment.
- Federal, state and local guidelines and updates will be monitored. As an electricity and natural gas provider, CoServ provides "national critical functions." The health and safety of all Employees is paramount. We are taking steps to help protect them, but please know we are continuing operations to ensure the flow of electricity and natural gas remains uninterrupted.
- Resources for CoServ customers. CoServ has created an online resource dedicated to providing updates and reliable information from city, county and school district websites in North Texas.
CoServ is an electric and natural gas distribution company serving North Texas. Incorporated as Denton County Electric Cooperative in 1937, CoServ Electric is one of the largest electric cooperatives in the country, serving more than 250,000 electric meters across Denton, Collin and four other North Texas counties. CoServ Gas was established in 1998 and serves more than 130,000 gas meters in Denton, Collin and Kaufman counties. CoServ’s mission is to deliver excellent service to our Members and Customers by providing safe and reliable energy solutions.