Pools and Spas
Relaxing in your pool or spa will be much more enjoyable when you know it’s not costing you a fortune. Follow these tried-and-true tips to make a big dent in your power bill:
- Cover it. Your pool/spa needs a tight-fitting, insulated cover when not in use.
- Use a timer. Run your pool only enough to keep the water clean and sanitary. Any more than this wastes energy. Also, be sure to adjust the time of day and the amount of time your pool runs based on the season.
- Install a fence or hedge to protect your pool/spa from wind and heat loss.
- Get your pool/spa heaters tuned up annually by a qualified technician to help them run efficiently.
- Consider solar heating. It may be a more affordable way to maintain the warmth of your pool/spa. This type of insulation minimizes heat loss and holds water temperature steady.