Winter Savings Series: Special Safety Edition
What does CoServ do to prepare for winter conditions?
CoServ stays prepared for any weather conditions that could cause interruptions for our Members and Customers; winter weather is no exception. For example, regular training on operations and safety for our crews, winterizing our fleet and buying energy on the market ahead of time to help beat the sharp rise in prices that could result from demand increases. These steps are part of our plans to ensure safe and reliable service for our Members and Customers.
Our local Customer Care agents are available to answer any questions by email, chat, or phone. We are continually monitoring the weather and are prepared to respond accordingly. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
How you can prepare
- If you notice overgrown vegetation near power lines or transformers, please contact CoServ to safely remove any potential hazards.
- Download the CoServ App and register for SmartHub. Then sign up to receive notifications from us and report any outages with the press of a button.
- When using a portable generator, be sure you are familiar with how to operate it and that you have a well-ventilated area to place it.
What to do if the power goes off
- Monitor local weather reports.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to keep food fresh.
- Stay calm and know that CoServ is working hard to safely restore the power. The sophisticated technology of our our systems allows us to see an active outage and respond quickly.
How to report an outage
- Visit CoServ.com/OutageMap
- Text OUT to 855-938-3496*
*Members must enable this feature inside their SmartHub account first