The application portal closed on Friday, October 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Winners will be announced in 2022.
CoServ will award seven North Texas high school juniors an all-expenses-paid tour departing from Austin to Washington, DC, to watch our government in action. The winners join more than 150 other youth from Texas electric cooperative homes to experience two Capitols.
- The student must have completed his/her junior year of high school by June.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must be a CoServ customer in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES by the closing date of the application.
- Monday, August 30, 2021: Applications open at 12 a.m.
- Friday, October 8, 2021: Applications close at 11:59 p.m.
- Monday, February 21, 2022: Orientation at CoServ from 2–4 p.m.
- Sunday, June 12–Tuesday, June 21, 2022: Tour Dates
- Thursday, July 21, 2022: Follow-up Session with the CoServ Electric Board of Directors from 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.*
*Date for session with the Board of Directors subject to change.
Images and names of Youth Leadership Tour winners may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area and state news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the tour, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at email@example.com.