CoServ $5,000 Scholarships
CoServ is proud to support high school seniors as they pursue higher education in the state of Texas. In 2024, we will award seven $5,000 scholarships to outstanding students committed to building a better tomorrow. The scholarships are exclusive to high school students from CoServ Electric or Gas households.
The 2024 Scholarships application portal is now closed.
Winners will be announced by next Spring.
The CoServ Scholarship program's purpose is to encourage and support eligible graduating high school seniors as they pursue their education at an institution of higher learning in the state of Texas.
ELIGIBILITY OF 2024 APPLICANTS
- Student must be a high school senior who is a U.S. citizen, has a valid Visa, or is a registered alien.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must have a CoServ account that is in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES by the closing date of the application.
Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time in an accredited institution of higher learning located in Texas (college, university, trade or vocational school). Full-time enrollment is as defined by the registrar of the institution. The full amount of the scholarship must be utilized for the 2024–25 semesters (Fall, Spring, and/or Summer sessions), any remaining balance will be held or refunded to CoServ.
Amount of Scholarships
CoServ typically awards seven scholarships, one per District, based on the availability of funds and the eligibility of applicants. For 2024, CoServ will award seven $5,000 scholarships for a total of $35,000.
Payment of Scholarship
It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to send CoServ their enrollment and full-time status documentation. Within 10–15 business days of receiving the requested documents, CoServ will issue the scholarship payment. Funds will be forwarded directly to the institution at which the student is enrolled.
- Tuesday, August 22, 2023: Applications open at 12 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023: Applications close at 11:59 p.m. All requested information must be submitted to CoServ by this date.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2025: The scholarship offer will become void if it is not claimed by this date.
Scholarship winner images and names may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the scholarships, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at [email protected].
2023 CoServ Scholarship Winners
VALLEY VIEW HIGH SCHOOL
CELINA HIGH SCHOOL
INDEPENDENCE HIGH SCHOOL
REEDY HIGH SCHOOL
LEBANON TRAIL HIGH SCHOOL
DENTON RYAN HIGH SCHOOL
ARGYLE HIGH SCHOOL