What to do if you’re in an outage
CoServ stays prepared for any possible conditions that could cause interruptions for our Members and Customers. Our crews train regularly on operations and safety and are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure safe and reliable service for our Members and Customers.
However, there are instances where unforeseen circumstances like severe weather, a vehicle hitting a utility pole or equipment failure could cause an outage.
1. Check to see if your neighbors have also lost power.
2. If your neighbors have power, check your electrical panel.
4. Sign up to receive email or text alerts for status updates.
How to Report an Outage
- Enroll in text messages within your SmartHub account service notification settings.
- Text OUT to 855-938-3496 to report an outage.
- Text STATUS to get an update on the estimated restoration time.
Once enrolled, a message will be automatically sent when an outage is detected at your service address. You will receive a message when power has been restored.
Tip: Add CoServ to your contacts for quick reference!
Note: This is a text-only number.
- Update your info: To ensure quick and easy reporting of an outage, be sure you have your correct information on file.
- Call before you dig: Call 811 before digging to ensure your own safety and avoid contact with unseen underground utility lines.
- Tree Trimming: To minimize the potential for damage to power lines, CoServ regularly trims trees to avoid outages and resulting hazards.
- Common Outage Causes: Some of the most common causes for outages include trees, animals, snow and ice. Other causes include lightning and car accidents.