The Texas delegation of the 2018 Electric Cooperative Youth Tour in front of the White House.
The Austin tour includes a visit to the Bullock Texas State History Museum and State Capitol. The DC planned experience includes:
- A visit to the office of the students' congressional representative on Capitol Hill
- Discussions with legislators about current events
- The Smithsonian Institution
- Washington National Cathedral
- Mount Vernon, home of George Washington
- Arlington National Cemetery
- A wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Students also will:
- Learn what makes cooperatives unique
- Learn how cooperatives from all industries impact our daily lives
- Gain a greater understanding of what America stands for
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS
- The student must have completed his/her junior year of high school by June.
- The student’s permanent residence must have an active CoServ Electric or CoServ Gas account.
- The student’s parent or guardian must be a CoServ Member or Customer in good standing.
- Online application must be completed and submitted, including RETURNED REFERENCES, no later than
5 p.m. Friday, November 30, 2018. Please plan your submission to allow time for references to respond.
- Winners are required to meet with CoServ leaders BOTH before and after the trip (dates subject to change):
- Orientation: Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Follow-up Session with the CoServ Electric Board of Directors: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Images and names of Youth Leadership Tour winners may be featured on CoServ's website, social media channels, in the CoServ pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CoServ.
For more information about the tour, please contact CoServ's program coordinators at email@example.com.
OTHER ACADEMIC INITIATIVES In addition to the Youth Leadership Tour, CoServ also awards thousands of dollars through the CoServ scholarship program to graduating seniors from CoServ Electric or Gas households. For more information about this and other educational programs, please visit our Academic Initiatives page.