Routine website maintenance between midnight and 6 a.m. Monday, August 17, could result in delays and the inability to access certain areas of CoServ.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
CoServ launches new phone number to text for outages
You may have gotten a text message announcing a new way to communicate with CoServ. This wasn't spam, it was an introduction to SmartHub's new outage notification system.
Members can get responses instantly by texting 855-938-3496. This number will allow you to report power outages, check the status of an outage and get notifications for when power will be restored.
If you were already signed up to receive text alerts, you are already enrolled with the new number and don't need to enroll again. Please delete the old six-digit number that was used by SmartHub for text communications and save the new 10-digit number.
Reporting an outage:
- Members can report power outages by texting OUT to 855-938-3496. The information is linked to your account and a message is sent to the Outage Management System to create an outage event.
- The Member will receive a reply confirming the outage event has been created.
Check the status of an outage:
- Members can also text STATUS to 855-938-3496 to get updates after the outage event has been created. Examples include: crews are on the way, crews have arrived on-scene and estimated restoration time.
- Members must have an active CoServ Electric account and be signed up for SmartHub.
- The phone number must be associated with the account and be designated as a messenger contact. To manage notifications and contacts, log in to your SmartHub account, click notifications, manage contacts and add phone contacts.
- Members who have been disconnected for non-payment, are pending reconnection or prepaid Members who have been disconnected are NOT eligible for this texting feature. Once the account is in good standing, they will be eligible again.
- A Member that has an existing open outage.