At CoServ, we run a tight ship when it comes to the reliability of your electric service. Even still, a small percentage of Members experience unexplained power outages or fluctuations that we call “power quality” issues.
To resolve these challenges, sometimes CoServ must make adjustments on our end—but most times, the difficulty lies with the equipment at the Member’s location.
A power quality issue may be the culprit if you consistently experience any of these symptoms:
For residential Members:
- Lights dimming or flickering
- Malfunctioning equipment and/ or appliances
- Failure of equipment and/ or appliances
For commercial and industrial Members:
- Unexplained computer issues
- Unusual equipment/machine malfunction
- Inconsistent HVAC operations
Here’s the good news—we employ a group of technicians who solve power quality problems every day. Our experts can help you uncover the reason or reasons for the unexplained issue. Contact Customer Care and let us know that you may be having power quality issues. After a preliminary assessment, a technician will visit your home, business or construction site to offer guidance and suggestions, including:
- Facility upgrades
- Deployment of protective devices
- Surge protection
- Grounding/ bonding enhancement
Even if your power quality is fine, you should proactively protect your electronics by heeding this advice:
- Use surge protection devices. This will discharge the brunt of the energy during a lightning strike or other surge conditions. Remember to protect more than just your electric line, though. Surges can enter your home through telecommunications and TV coaxial lines, as well.
- Unplug appliances and electronics during thunderstorms. If you don’t have protective devices or just want one more level of safety, unplug everything from the wall when you see lightning.
Here’s how CoServ works to keep your power problem-free:
- System design, preventive maintenance, upgrades and 24-hour system monitoring
- We continuously monitor the voltage in our systems.
- We use regulating devices to maintain proper voltage ranges.
- We have an extensive right-of-way vegetation management program.
- Deployment of system automation
- We improve system performance by regularly enhancing the “grounding” of our equipment.
Find out more about the steps CoServ takes to increase reliability of your electric service. If you’re a commercial/industrial Member, learn trouble-shooting electricity tips in the free EnergyLine Newsletter.