Pool Plan Submission
When planning to install a pool, spa or water feature, verification is required to ensure that there is no conflict with existing underground utilities. CoServ Electric lines must be a minimum of 2 feet away from water's edge; CoServ Gas lines must be a minimum of 3 feet away from any structure. Otherwise, a utility reroute will be necessary at the owner's expense.
In order for CoServ Engineering Services to review and approve your pool plans, the following documentation is required:
- Completed Pool Approval Request & Release form
- Copy of pool plan:
- Sample Pool Plan (PDF)
- All Electric & Gas locates drawn neatly on the pool plan and to scale.
- If service(s) are front-feed, please write “utilities front-feed” on the pool plan.
- Accurate distances to be noted on pool plan (not survey):
- Distance from water’s edge to the electric and/or gas lines.
- Minimum distance from any structure (not just water’s edge):
- Electric: minimum of 2 feet
- Gas: minimum of 3 feet away from any structure.
- For rear-feed gas services, distance from fence to water’s edge must be indicated.
- If the house is occupied, an unmarked final survey, survey plat or title survey must be submitted. If the house is under construction, a Subdivision Plat must be submitted. CoServ will not accept form board surveys, grade certificates or surveys stamped with ‘For City Permitting Only.'
- Copy of Texas811 confirmation email
- Locates must be completed before submitting a pool plan approval request and are considered “current” for 14 days from the date of the 811 confirmation email.
- If a utility re-route is required, the pool outline and utility locations must be painted on the ground at the time the pool plan is submitted.
- A $50.00 trip charge will be assessed if pool/locates are not painted out by the second site visit.
After gathering and completing the required documentation, you are ready to submit for approval using the Builder and Pool Plan Portal link. Pool plan review and approval can take up to 72 business hours.