Summer in North Texas brings lots of fun—swimming, travel, and endless sunny days. But, all that sunshine also results in extremely hot weather, which can lead to increased utility bills—and higher demand on the Texas electric grid. Consider taking steps now to help control your energy usage at home and work. You could lower your bills AND help conserve energy. That makes sense for you and for your neighbors!
Learn more about Energy Efficiency
- Looking for ways to be more energy efficient? Check out our list of summer energy savings tips.
- Want to see your homes efficiency rating? CoServ has a Home Energy Calculator that can tell you how your home stacks up and ways you can save.
- Did you know you can sign up for a free Energy Assessment by CoServ’s qualified technicians? Find out more about our different types of assessments and how to request one.
Put SmartHub to work with its built-in Tools & Alerts
- Login to your online account with SmartHub or the CoServ App to check your usage, track electricity consumption, compare it to past billing periods and see what your usage is on a particular day.
- Members can also set up usage alerts, so they receive notifications or emails if electricity usage passes a preset threshold for a day or even an hour.
- Need a Proof of Residency? Most places will accept a utility bill as proof. Get copies of the last 12 months of your bills through SmartHub, making it easy to download, print, or email them as needed.
Budget Billing & Rates
- Take the guesswork out of your monthly bill with Budget Billing. CoServ can take your last six months of usage and average it, so you pay that same amount every month. This amount is recalculated every six months, so it helps take the extreme swings of summer bills out of the equation.
- Did you know that you have several options when it comes to your rate? Check out our Summer Savings plan which is perfect for Members who can shift their electric usage away from the hottest part of the day, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. from May to September.
Financial Assistance is Available
- The CoServ Charitable Foundation contributes to several social service agencies who provide Financial assistance to help North Texans with rent, mortgage and utility payments.
- CoServ Members who need more time pay their bill can request a Payment Due Date Extension if they meet the eligibility requirements.